Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Papertrey Ink | Make It Monday #83

Hi there! This week's Make It Monday challenge is Card Aisle Inspiration. I did not have time to run to Walgreens yesterday and look for an inspiration card, so I shopped the closet in my office for a card I have received and saved. Luckily, I had several to choose from. :-)

My sister sent me this beautiful card for my birthday this year (or maybe last year) and I just love it:


It's hard to tell in the picture, but the flowers are embossed in silver and speckled in glitter. The color reminded me of Raspberry Fizz, and while I don't have an exact match to the flowers, the peonies from Pretty Peonies worked well as a replacement:


I stamped and embossed each flower individually, then used my scissors to trim around the each flower segment. After I cut the flower pieces out, I smeared Perfect Pearls over the entire card to give it the same shimmer the inspiration card has. Unfortunately the perfect pearls does not show up in the photo. (Seriously... a light box is in my very near future!). 

What do you think? Without the inspiration card I would not have created this... but I love it. The pink, white, and silver color combo is really striking. I'm tempted to re-make the card and include a sentiment for a bride and groom. I think the elegant flowers and silver embossing powder would make a fantastic wedding card.

That's it from me today! I'll be back tomorrow with a card for Great Impressions Stamps. I can't wait to share! :-)

11 comments:

Nancy Penir said...

Erin, striking contrast colors! Love the peonies embossed and shimmery.

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Love your take, better than the inspiration card and yes it would make a gorgeous wedding card!!

Joyce said...

This is just beautiful.

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it - what a striking, great, great layout. Executed perfectly! Thanks for sharing :)

carol (krillsister) said...

Simply beautiful and elegant.

DIANA L. said...

This is so beautiful I love the embossing you did. I like the fussy cutting also, it really adds dimension
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Jacquie Southas said...

beautiful, elegant card!

Chris K said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Deb Hardy said...

Erin, your card is gorgeous! I have the Pretty Peonies and you have inspired me to try something similar...thank you. BTW, is your sentiment stamped or computer generated? I would love to know as it is beautiful.

Erin said...

Thank you for all the lovely comments! Aquablues, the sentiment is a stamp from a Stampin' Up! stamp set called Well Scripted. Unfortunately it is retired, but I bet you can find it on ebay!

LEG Studios said...

Striking card - great job!